Senior Software Developer - Networking
Platform Development – Ottawa, Ontario
Ottawa, ON | EST | Work from Home
Who we are
Tehama is the fastest, simplest, and most flexible approach to delivering secure and integrated digital end-user computing (EUC) available today. Our service delivery platform enables organizations to easily onboard, manage, and scale their distributed workforce, by providing “ready to work” integrated and secured EUC environments with controlled access and monitoring—connecting new workers in minutes, not months. The result is decreased time to value, decreased operational costs, and a flexible work model that lets you move at the speed of today’s world.
As an Senior Software Developer, you will work as part of an agile continuous delivery team and collaborate with designers and engineers to help deliver product capabilities and features to our groundbreaking cloud-based product Tehama. You will be working to develop brand new cloud-first solutions including the automation of infrastructure; you get to work with cutting edge technologies and frameworks. If you have a passion for development and problem solving this could be the job for you!
Who we are looking for
- 7+ years of working experience
- Plan, design, configure networking into our Cloud infrastructure
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, KVM, Linux Containers, Docker
- Extensive experience of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization such as OpenStack, SDN/NFV considered a strong asset
- Solid knowledge of AWS or other cloud providers (VPC, subnets, LB, …)
- Solid understanding of TCP, UDP
- Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols, VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, DPI, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Linux configuration and administration
- Knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Hibernate/ORM) and/or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, ElasticSearch) etc
- Culture of code reviews, writing tech specs and collaborating closely with others
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Experience working in a startup environment
- AWS Certification and/or willingness to achieve this certification
What you will be working on
- Working as part of an agile development team, developing new features of our new cloud-based solution with quality and efficiency.
- Collaborate with teams across the company to solve design and implementation problems.
- Design, build and maintain high traffic, scalable and fault-tolerant services.
- End-to-End ownership of what you deliver, including crafting technical specs, writing readable and extensible code, runbooks, and post-release metrics.
- You will move fast: look for new ideas, quickly prototype, test, and move to production.
- Investigate and address issues with performance, scalability, and maintainability
- You'll be working with development and product management teams to define user story acceptance criteria, break down complex stories into tasks, estimates, plan, and then deliver.
- Interacting with architects, UX, and Ops and participating in architecture, design, and review meetings.
Collaborating with cross-functional team members on all aspects of development and process.
What do you get in return
- Competitive total rewards package, including a self-directed Professional Development budget to invest in your skills growth
- Why Commute? Work remotely when you like
- Build a product that will enable the remote future of work & collaborate digitally with the industry’s top minds!
- Team socials every Friday & Monthly Town Halls to bring our global teams together
- For this job, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Tehama is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check
- No Recruitment Agencies, please