Title: Director of Channel and Alliances
Reporting to: Vice President, Strategic Accounts & Alliances
Location: Remote/Home based position within North America
Tehama is the fastest, simplest, and most flexible approach to delivering secure and integrated digital end-user computing (EUC) available today. Our service delivery platform enables organizations to easily onboard, manage, and scale their distributed workforce, by providing “ready to work” integrated and secured EUC environments with controlled access and monitoring—connecting new workers in minutes, not months. The result is decreased time to value, decreased operational costs, and a flexible work model that lets you move at the speed of today’s world.
Tehama is currently looking for a Director of Channel and Alliances to help us design, build, and implement a successful Tehama channel strategy within North America and EMEA. Success in this position will require: building strong and productive relationships with existing partners, strategic identification, recruitment & onboarding of new partners, a focus on growing our business opportunities within the VAR/Reseller and Referral partner channels, and achievement of a marked increase in the number of partner-originated opportunities/deal registrations.
As the Tehama Director of Channel and Alliances, you will be responsible for providing world-class channel leadership to our client base. Working directly with prospects and channel customers, you will be the driving team member to help unlock the value of Tehama for each channel partner and their end customers. You will be responsible for converting opportunities and delivering revenue by driving the adoption of the Tehama solution. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Sales, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
The Director of Channel and Alliances is a unique opportunity to bring demonstrated success and knowledge of building and growing channels to a unique startup that is revolutionizing the future of work. Tehama has a unique go-to-market strategy that requires partners to create a viral adoption loop. The nature of the Tehama platform creates all sorts of business models and channel model opportunities. The right Director for this role will understand the intricacies of the end-user computing, cybersecurity, and cloud markets.
- Design and implement a global partner and channel strategy to add significant value to the overall Tehama GTM strategy and operations.
- Identify, recruit, and collaborate with partners in regards to successful engagement, launches, and enablement up to and including the delivery of sales, product, and support training as required.
- Meet or exceed channel revenue and influence targets
- Coordinate with Tehama Sales Engineer on technical enablement for relevant partners. Develop a technical enablement strategy that supports the channel sales strategy for the territory.
- Support/facilitate the engagement of our internal sales and technical teams with partners’ sales and technical teams.
- Strategize/coordinate with field marketing on the design and execution of marketing programs/events/campaigns to create interest and awareness among partners’ customers.
- Develop a business plan outlining how to target revenues and objectives for the year will be achieved.
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, territory, existing and target channel partner accounts, & competitive landscape.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of Tehama products, sales strategies/objectives, value proposition, and competition.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, following the current Covid19 Pandemic.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Business Success Criteria/Metrics:
Below highlight key measurable goals for this role. You will work with the Vice President, Global Strategic Accounts & Alliances, to define within 30 days of employment.
- Develop the channel go-to-market plan for 2020/2021
- Define KPIs around the acquisition of channel partners
- Define KPIs around conversion from participant to a revenue-producing channel
- Monthly Recurring Revenue Goals
- Annual Contract Goals
- Channel adoption/Upsell/Cross-sell growth
Establishment of the following teams with leadership in place:
- Channel Sales
- Channel Account Managers
- University/College degree or equivalent experience.
- 15+ years of experience related software industry, with at least 6 years of SaaS and/or subscription software experience.
- 10+ years of channel sales experience in an enterprise software/SaaS business to business environment with a proven track record of consistent quota over-achievement.
- Previous sales experience in the virtualization and/or information security space and strong technical knowledge with a broad range of virtualization, cybersecurity, and networking technologies.
- Strategic thinker and hunter mentality who takes initiative and is capable of hands-on problem solving as well as the ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- New partner development experience as well as experience with decision-makers within current relationships within the Channel.
- Ability to communicate with partners at all levels - from sales rep to C-level and business owner.
- Motivated and focused self-starter with strong leadership skills who is able to multitask, work independently, or within a team.
- Strong Salesforce experience.
- Strong organizational, presentation, and communication skills.
- We are a disruptive new platform, changing the way the enterprise and providers look at security and productivity.
- A dynamic company with opportunities to expand skills and cross-train in new areas.
- Flexible schedules, including the ability to work remotely.
- Ability to make an impact, both with customers and fellow team members.
- A small, agile team eliminates bureaucracy and provides flexibility to make immediate improvements.
- Immediate mentorship and leadership opportunities.
- Work with like-minded, driven, and smart team members who will challenge you daily.
- For this job, an equivalent combination of education and experience, which results in demonstrated ability to apply skills will also be considered
- Tehama is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- All applicants will need to fulfill the requirements necessary to obtain a background check